Bulk Waste Verge Collections
All residents receive two green waste and one hard waste bulk verge collections per year.
The latest verge collection schedule can be found in the downloads panel on the right.
The Shire of Murray advises residents of upcoming collections through:
- Annual Rates Information Booklet.
- Advertisements in the local newspaper approximately two weeks prior to the start of the verge collection.
- Signs erected on all major access roads to individual localities one week prior to the collection starting.
- Shire of Murray website.
- Reverse side of tip vouchers.
Verge Collection Requirements
The verge collections are available only to residential properties with a bin service. Please comply with the following verge collection requirements to ensure that your waste is removed on time:
- Place your waste on the verge by Monday 6am (including public holidays) on the scheduled start date for your area as the contractor will only check your verge once.
- Allow five to seven working days for your collection to occur.
- Separate your waste into general rubbish and white goods/metal piles.
- Obstruct the footpath, your normal bin services, or the line of sight of pedestrians, cyclists or cars.
- Place your waste inside your property line.
- Tie your green waste in bundles.
As verge collections are picked up by mechanical means DO NOT place your waste next to trees, power poles, walls, street signs, sprinklers or water metres as these may be damaged.
Illegal dumping costs our ratepayers thousands of dollars each year as the Shire of Murray is forced to employ contractors to remove this rubbish and dispose of it in the correct manner.
Keep the Shire of Murray clean and tidy and report any illegal dumping to the Shire on 9531 7777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the Litter Act 1979, illegal litter dumping can be a case for prosecution and attract an infringement notice of $200 or a maximum penalty of $1,000 if taken to court.