In 2019/20 the Murray River Square and adjoining foreshore will be revitalised to offer improved recreation opportunities for residents and visitors.
The key amenity will be redeveloped to include shaded seating areas, improved pathways and lighting, a small-scale amphitheatre with stage, public art and Aboriginal interpretation as well as improved water accessibility through the construction of a jetty for non-motorised vessels.
Due diligence is ensuring coordination and integration with associated works and/or proposals for adjoining George Street properties including the Exchange Hotel and Police Station.
The redevelopment will enhance the character of Pinjarra, encourage activity, longer visitation and a diverse range of formal and informal activities including events in both the square and foreshore areas.
The project is proudly supported by the State Government’s Regional Grant Scheme and Local Projects Local Jobs Grant Scheme, Lotterywest, Peel Development Commission and Alcoa.
- Concept plan endorsed by Council following consideration of community feedback – July 2018
Landscape Concept Plan
- Finalisation of detailed design plans, drawings and costings
- Site preparation – late August 2019
- Major works commencement – September 2019
- Completion anticipated for Christmas 2019, with some elements continuing into 2020