Food Preparation in the Home

Anyone wishing to prepare food at a residential property, whether it is for a not-for-profit organisation or a business, must apply to Environmental Health Services by completing and submitting a Food Notification/Registration Form.

The application should include details of the type of food to be prepared and where the food will be sold. An inspection of the premises may be carried out by a member of the Environmental Health Services team.

Potentially hazardous food such as cream, custard and bacon may spoil if they are kept at room temperature and therefore they can not be used, if the produce is to be displayed or stored without refrigeration.

For more information on food safety and food labelling requirements for both businesses and not-for-profit organisations, please refer to the link below:

Further Information

Request Further Information