Date(s) - 08/06/2019
Calling all green thumbs – Rally the family and help us plant 5,000 seedlings in support of World Environment Day!
– Free morning tea and RSL sausage sizzle (vegetarian options)
– Coffee van
– Environmental and community information
– Indigenous toy making and basket weaving activities
– Black cockatoo meet and greet
– Free seed giveaway for tree planters
– Equipment provided
What you’ll need:
Hats, water and sunscreen as well as your own gloves and trowel if possible.
Cross section of Murray and Henry Streets – we’ll be planting in the east, close to the river.
Christine 0437 593 816 or email@example.com.
This event is a collaboration between Greening Australia, Shire of Murray and the Alcoa Foundation and is part of the ‘Three Rivers Initiative’ funded by the Alcoa Foundation and delivered by Greening Australia.
Through this initiative, we are working to reverse habitat loss and improve the condition and health of three key Peel-Harvey Waterways: the Serpentine, Murray and Harvey Rivers.