- Professional Development Program
- Free Murray Aquatic and Leisure Centre Membership
- Flexible hours and growth opportunity
About the Role
The Murray Aquatic and Leisure Centre are seeking an individual passionate about being involved in the health and fitness industry to complement our current team, and help us to grow our fitness services and experience to members. Our Fitness Centre has undertaken a renewal over the last 12 months, with upgraded equipment, consolidated memberships, 24-hour access, new programs and services commenced or commencing shortly, which has seen membership levels increase. We are looking for someone who is shares our enthusiasm in continuing this positive momentum!
We are seeking casual staff (with potential to transition to part time in the future) who love engaging with and guiding members to achieve their goals. We currently require an instructor for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30pm – 6pm, and one morning shift a week from 6:00am – 10:30am.
Teen fitness sessions are included in each afternoon shift, therefore it’s important we find someone who is able to engage, motivate and deliver a great program to youth.
Personal Training has to be the passion of our ideal candidate, as in addition to the base hours offered with the role, there is opportunity to build a significant personal training portfolio including small group training and group fitness classes.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking fitness assessments and encouraging member motivation to achieve set goals
- Developing gym programs that provide direction, inspiration and motivation for members
- Delivering inductions, sale tours and the occasional sign-up of new members
- Communicating with members to gauge how they are progressing on their fitness journey and to provide feedback and assistance on goals and fitness options
- Supervision of the gym floor, including demonstrating proper technique where necessary and offering advice on modifying training to suit the abilities of gym patrons
- Undertaking small group training and personal training
- Maintaining a clean and safe gym by routinely cleaning the gym and performing minor maintenance tasks
- Administration duties using fitness and members software programs
The hourly rate for the position ranges from $29.61 to $32.22 inclusive of casual loading and dependent upon experience. Personal Training sessions will receive an hourly rate of $39.74.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A minimum of Certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness, current Provide First Aid certification and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and a current resume. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role, please contact the Coordinator Leisure and Lifestyle on 9531 2000.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Chief Executive Officer
The Shire of Murray is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourages applications from diverse cultures and all age groups.