Chief Executive Officer
- Murray Chief Executive Officer since 2007
Dean is passionate about the Peel region and is committed to working with the community to guide Murray into the future, maintaining an enviable lifestyle for its residents whilst attracting investment and visitor revenue for the local economy. Dean has a strong focus on positive and balanced economic, social and environmental development.
After over a decade in the media industry in management and journalism roles, Dean entered tourism with the Busselton and Dunsborough Tourism Association.
Entering local government in 2000, Dean has spent time at the City of Bunbury, the Shire of Bridgetown-Greenbushes as Deputy CEO and with the Shire of Gnowangerup as CEO prior to taking his current role with the Shire of Murray.
For two years Mr Unsworth also headed up the Shire of Waroona in a dual CEO role with both local governments.
- Certified Practicing Accountant and member of CPA Australia
- Double Major in Accounting and Marketing
- Ranger and Emergency Services
- Investment Attraction
- Communications and Marketing
- Councillor Services
- Administration Support
- Directors - Leanne McGuirk, Tracie Unsworth, Rod Peake and Alan Smith
Contact Office of the CEO
Director Infrastructure Services
Alan and his team are committed to catering for the current and future needs of roads, parks, drainage, waste, cemeteries and asset management, whilst protecting Murray's unique character.
With extensive experience in Civil Engineering and Project Management, Alan was appointed Director Infrastructure Services in June 2011, following ten years as the Shire’s Manager Design and Asset Services.
Prior to joining the Shire, Alan spent time within various engineering roles at both city and regional local government authorities.
- Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Finance and behavioural management
- Design and Survey
- Operations Centre
- Parks and Gardens
- Civil Works
- Waste and Fleet
Contact Infrastructure Services
Director Place, Community and Economic Development
In partnership with our local community, Leanne and her team are passionate about creating strong communities and great places through the revitalisation of our towns, whilst supporting and attracting economic development and investment.
Leanne has extensive experience in both the private and public urban planning and education sectors and has held senior strategic and statutory planning positions at the Shire of Murray and City of Mandurah.
Leanne has also advocated on behalf of local governments, developers and landowners as a former Town Planning consultant.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education
- Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning
- Member of the Planning Institute of Australia
- Member of the Leadership Council of Project for Public Places (PPS) - a not-for-profit international organisation helping communities, cities and towns influence their future through place making
- Member of Economic Development Australia
- Place making
- Murray Library
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Sport and Recreation
Contact Place, Community and Economic Development
Director Planning and Sustainability
Rod has extensive experience in urban planning and development assessment, having previously worked for both the cities of Joondalup and Wanneroo.
During his career, Rod has been responsible for a range of significant projects, including:
- Structure plans for major urban and industrial growth areas
- Town centre planning and revitalisation
- Planning and environmental strategies
- Significant infrastructure schemes
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Management)
- Corporate member of the Planning Institute of Australia
- Planning Services
- Strategic Development
- Building Services
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Services
Contact Planning and Sustainability
Director Corporate Services
Tracie has given in excess of 30 years of service to local government in several locations throughout Western Australia.
During this time, she improved financial systems and reporting to ensure users' needs are met, long term strategy is considered, industry approaches are well thought out and relevant, and the community is well served through accountable, transparent and best practice decision making.
- Information Technology
- Asset Management
- HR and OHS
- Murray Aquatic and Leisure Centre
Contact Corporate Services