Place your bins:
- On the verge before 6:00am on your collection day
- With your bin's lid closed and weighing less than 70kg
- At least half a metre apart, within one metre of the road and with the wheels facing your property
- Away from cars, trees, power poles and other obstructions
Collected weekly from 6:00am.
What can I put in my general waste bin?
- General household waste
- Frozen odorous waste - placed in your bin the night before collection
- Lawn clippings in a bag - to prevent jamming
What can't I put in my general waste bin?
- Oil or liquids
- Hot ashes
- Bricks and concrete
Collected fortnightly from 6:00am. Place items loose in the bin - not in plastic bags.
What can I put in my recycling bin?
- Aluminum and steel cans - clean and empty
- Plastic bottles and containers - lids off, clean and empty
- Paper - excluding shredded paper
- Glass bottles and jars - lids off, clean and empty
- Cardboard - flattened
What can't I put in my recycling bin?
- Rope, cable and hose
- Hazardous waste
- Needles and syringes
- Flexible plastics
- Food contaminated items
- Shredded paper
The following can be placed in collection bins at Murray Library and they will be sent away for recycling:
- Dry cell household batteries
- Ink cartridges
- Light globes
- Mobile phones and accessories