Please contact us in writing if details on your rate notice are incorrectly shown, including:
- The property zone (i.e. its legal zoning as per the Council’s Town Planning Scheme)
- The land status (i.e. whether the property is improved or vacant).
- The full names of the property owners
- The property valuation (GRV or UV)
- The amount of rates levied
Submissions can be sent to:
Please ensure your objection is received within 42 days of the date of issue.
Property valuation objections must be made to the Valuer General at Landgate within 60 days of date of issue of the rate notice.
Information on how to lodge an objection is available on Landgate’s website.
Please note: Your rate assessments are required to be paid by the due date, irrespective of whether an objection or appeal has been lodged. In the event of a successful objection or appeal, the rates will be adjusted and you will be advised accordingly. Credit balances may be refunded on request.