Under the Emergency Management Act 2005, we are required to perform various tasks which assist our community in preparing, preventing, responding and recovering from various emergencies.
Through our Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC), government, voluntary and private agencies join forces to deal with major emergencies, including prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC)
The Committee meet quarterly to discuss the Shire’s current emergency services, the preparation of plans in the event of an emergency and how to assist the community in recovering from such an event and comprises representatives from:
- Shire of Murray
- Western Australian Local Police
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
- Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades
- Murray State Emergency Services
- Volunteer Fire and Rescue Services
- Department of Communities
- State Emergency Management Committee
- St John Ambulance
- Main Roads
- Water Corporation
- Western Power
- ATCO Gas
- Pinjarra network of schools
- Bedingfeld Park Inc Aged Care Facility
Volunteers are an integral part of delivering emergency service activities across our district. We have five Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades (VBFB) and one State Emergency Service (SES) Unit operating within Murray.
Volunteer Bush Fire Brigades
- Coolup Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- Dwellingup Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- North Dandalup Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- South Yunderup/Ravenswood Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
- West Murray Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade
Interested in helping to protect the community from bushfires through fire prevention, risk management, fire suppression and fire safety education?
State Emergency Service
When a natural disaster strikes, Murray State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers are there to help.
SES provides a wide range of services to help communities cope with the effects of natural disasters, from emergency repairs on buildings to restoration of essential services.