Murray and Serpentine River Maintenance Dredging
- Project typeMaintenance Channel Dredging
- Project scheduleEarly May: Approaches to Murray River navigation channel, Mid-June: Entrance to Murray River navigation channel, Early/mid-July: Entrance to Serpentine River navigation channel
- Contractor nameBMT for Department of Transport
- Completion Date15 August 2021
Dredging works are currently underway at the entrance to the Murray and Serpentine River channels. Works are being undertaken on behalf of the Department of Transport.
Dredging will occur Monday to Friday during daylight hours. After hours works may be undertaken as required.
The works will be carried out by a cutter suction dredge equipped with a 40-metre floating pipeline which is connected to a barge in the disposal area. The floating pipeline will be marked by orange buoys equipped with flashing orange lights.
The disposal area will be marked by yellow buoys equipped with flashing yellow lights.
The equipment will be positioned away from the navigational channel outside of normal operating hours for the duration of the works.
Before navigating past the works, please contact the operators who will be monitoring the following marine radio frequencies during operating hours:
- Operators will monitor VHF Channel 16 during operating hours and will use VHF Channel 77 as a working channel.
Shapes and lights in accordance with the Prevention of Collisions at Sea Regulations 1983 will be exhibited at all times.
Please navigate with caution when transiting the area and keep well clear of the above operations and disposal area at all times.