About Planning in Murray
The Shire’s population is expected to treble over the next twenty years. This will result in enormous changes to our rural and urban areas. The Shire is not content to be consumed by the sprawling Perth suburbs. Rather we are working to make best use of this growth opportunity by a considerable focus on the preparation and implementation of plans that will deliver a prosperous, environmentally sustainable and liveable place to live, work and visit.
In particular our planning department seeks to:
- Build on the qualities that already make our Shire a great place – our rural landscape character, heritage, waterways and other features of our natural environment
- Deliver a diverse range of housing and lifestyle choices
- Encourage the development of safe, attractive and vibrant town centres and streetscapes
- Ensure a prosperous business community and a high level of local employment
- Ensure timely and cost effective provision of infrastructure, services and facilities to support our growth
- Provide for easy access to and within our Shire by a range of transport options
- Improve the productive capacity of our rural areas
- Strive toward reducing our community’s ecological footprint
We Welcome Your Feedback
Our Planning and Development Services staff are committed to improving the service offered in the way we deal with your enquiries and applications. To help us to achieve this we are seeking your comments in relation to how your enquiry or application was dealt with.
Please take a few minutes to complete our Customer Feedback Form and return to us. Your opinion is important and your comments will help us to improve the way we respond to enquiries and process applications.
A range of information is available here to assist in understanding our planning system. If you can’t find the answer to your query, our planners are available between 8:30am and 4:30pm weekdays to assist. Please do not hesitate to telephone on 9531 7737 or visit the Shire of Murray Administration Office at 1915 Pinjarra Road, Pinjarra. Alternatively you can complete an online request and we will contact you.