Community Safety and Crime Prevention
The Shire of Murray is committed to making the community a safer place to live, work and recreate. The Shire formed a Community Safety and Crime Prevention Strategic Partnership with the Pinjarra Police, Dwellingup Police, Streetnet, SDERA and local Progress Associations who work towards implementing the 2016 – 2021 Community Safety and Crime Prevention Plan, addressing key community safety and crime prevention concerns identified by the community.
The purpose of the partnership is to:
- Foster a coordinated and collaborative response to incidents of anti-social and criminal behaviour
- Improve public perceptions of the shire as a safe place to live, work and visit through regular positive communication to the Community
- Review and develop a Strategic Community and Crime Prevention Plan (the Plan)
- Identify funding opportunities, to undertake crime prevention and community safety initiatives aligned with objectives outlined in the Plan
- Promote awareness in the local community of community safety initiatives, program and services in the Shire of Murray.
The Shire of Murray is responsible for removing graffiti from Shire of Murray buildings and infrastructure that it owns, manages or is responsible for. Please report graffiti on Council buildings and infrastructure to the Shire of Murray 08 9531 7777 or via email email@example.com
Residential and commercial property owners remain responsible for their property.
Application for ‘FREE Graffiti Safewipe Pack’
The ‘Graffiti Safewipe Packs’ are a community initiative of the Shire of Murray in partnership with WA Police, to assist residents and businesses with the removal of graffiti outside their homes and businesses.
The objective of the FREE Graffiti Removal Kits is to keep the Shire of Murray graffiti free in residential and business areas. Fast removal of graffiti is shown to be a deterrent for this form of anti-social behaviour.
How to get a FREE Graffiti Safewipe Pack:
- Report Graffiti – https://www.goodbyegraffiti.wa.gov.au/ or State Graffiti Hotline 1800 44 22 55
- Complete the application for a Free Graffiti Safewipe Pack
Collect your FREE Graffiti Safewipe Pack from Shire of Murray Administration Office
- Photograph graffiti prior to removal
*Please note that the Shire of Murray accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage or loss resulting from the use of this product.
For more information on the Community Safety and Crime Prevention Partnership or to make a report, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Community Development Officer.